Frequently Asked Questions
Platinum, White Gold & Silver are 3 different metals.
- Platinum is the rarest & the most precious of the 3. Platinum (Pt 950) is currently around 50% more expensive than Gold. It is naturally white & resistant to tarnish. At Suranas JeweloveTM we use Pt 950 authorized by the Platinum Guild International (PGI).
- White Gold is an alloy of Gold, White in color, it has all the properties of Gold because inherently it is Gold. We have a good collection of diamond jewelry made in White Gold.
- Silver is the cheapest of the 3 metals. Currently Silver is around 2.5% the price of Gold & just 1.67% the price of Platinum. At Suranas JeweloveTM we make jewelry in silver only on order.
Platinum is a noble metal, like Gold & Silver. It is used in jewelry-making at Suranas Jewelove.
At Suranas Jewelove, Platinum Jewelry is hallmarked as Pt 950, according to the guidelines set by the Platinum Guild International (PGI) & comes with a Certificate of Authenticity by Platinum Guild International.
Look for the Pt 950 hallmark as shown in the picture below.
Jewelry pieces containing Platinum have been found to be dated as early as 1200 B.C., i.e. over 3 millenia ago. The Egyptian civilization & pre-Incan civilization used Platinum for their highest ranked priests, kings & nobles.
- The great Egyptian priestess Shepenupet is buried in a magnificent Sacrophagus decorated with Gold & Platinum hieroglyphics.
- A small document casket made of Platinum is also placed in her tomb.
- King Louis of France,
- Kings of Spain,
- Kings of England
- Tsars of Russia have over time made not just crowns, swords & chalices of Platinum, but even whole rooms decorated with Platinum as an extravagant symbol of their luxury.
- Even the Maharaja of Patiala was a great connoiseur of Platinum.
- Later, in the 1930's Platinum became the preferred choice of Hollywood actresses, to the extent that a movie was made on the theme, Platinum Blonde.
- At the coronation of George VI, his wife Queen Elizabeth (Late Queen Mother of England) was crowned with an elegant crown made of Platinum & studded with the famous Koh-i-noor diamond.
- Wallis Simpson, the Duchess of Windsor even declared jewelry made of Platinum as the one & only choice for evening wear.
- Later, in the year 1967, when Elvis & Priscilla Ann Beaulieu married they exchanged Platinum wedding bands & since then, Platinum has never looked back.
Celebrate your special occassion with Platinum Love Bands by Suranas Jewelove.
Yes, Platinum is strong & resistant to wear damage. These properties ensure that the gems set in Platinum are secure. At Suranas JeweloveTM we recommend Platinum as the preferred choice of metal for expensive gems, including 1 carat+ Rubies & diamond solitaires.
Thre is long list of celebrities & royalties who wear Platinum & have expressed their Love with Patinum.
- Elvis Presley
- Kate Middleton
- Carrie Underwood
- Kristen Bell
- Helen Mirren
- Her Majesty, the Queen of England
- Eva Longoria
- Russell Crowe
- Gwen Stefani
- Reese Witherspoon
- Kate Hudson
This is but a few of the many celebrities around the world who love Platinum, do you?
Pt 950 is the mark of Platinum. It means that the Platinum Purity in the jewelry is 95%. At Suranas Jewelove, all platinum jewelry is made in Platinum 950 .And, every piece is marked with Pt 950 & accompanied by a certificate of authenticity verifying the same.